Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirkland Re-organization plan
I am discussing with His Excellency, Lord Regent George, the following

(a) Kirkland and Arlington will be merged to form a union
(b) Freedomia and the Kirkland-Arlington union will form a Commonwealth
Due to the fact that several of the nobles are inactive the nation will be reformed into the United Kingdom of North kirkland and Arlington, South Kirkland is the nobles who have become inactive.
As the official Regent of Kirkland I will speak on behalf of the nation of Kirkland as a whole. Of course, the Grand Duke of Arlington is more than able to speak for his Grand Duchy of Arlington but I will speak for the nation as a whole in this matter, particularly the inactive nobles thus far collectively called "South Kirkland". I regularly speak with the inactive nobles so I can be sure that they all approve of any end deal and I will be the official executor of their collective estates.

First, I know that I speak for all the nobles of the South when I say that we do not wish to form a union with Freedomia without further details and approval from His Majesty Emperor Brayden. It is our desire that the House of Drown, if they ever reclaim the throne, should be the sole Sovereign of Kirkland and not rule as Co-Sovereign with anyone. However, if the North desires to join Freedomia we will not stop them, after all the Emperor's last decree was that each noble should decide the fate of their realm for themselves.

Second, regarding the North/South name issue. I do not think it is necessarily fair or proper for Arlington to call itself "North Kirkland" seeing as only Arlington comprises "North" Kirkland. I know that the Emperor still retains full control of Alovia (his Grand Duchy) just not as an official micronation and the Grand Duchy of Balromia and the Grand Duchy of Valoria are the only other two Grand Duchies. I guess what I'm getting is this; where do you derive the authority to call Arlington "North Kirkland" if "North Kirkland" is only Arlington? I know that classifying the two groups into North and South makes discussion easier but then we would also have to call Alovia "East Kirkland" since it is technically separate from North and South Kirkland. We will let this issue not be of significance, but I just thought I'd bring it up.

Third, What would be the conditions of the union between Freedomia and the Kirkland-remnant? I, being the Emperor's best friend, regularly see and speak to the Emperor and could run the idea by him to see if he would approve a formal union. I know that if they Emperor approved of a formal union that all of the other nobles would fall in line and agree to the union. I just need details so I can run the idea by the Emperor.

Finally, how would the new Commonwealth be run? This is simply for my curiosity and so I can tell the other nobles. As many details as possible would be useful.

As a heads up, I will check this forum two times a day, around noon-two and again in the evening around 7 or 8 (Central Standard Time of course, we all live in Missouri so we are all in the same time zone). I will be checking so often just so that we can get these negotiations out of the way and move into a hopefully bright future. Also, by having you guys know when I get on will make negotiations easier because then you will know for sure when I'll be checking stuff.
Lord Landes, first off I would like to offically declare that the North is with you, the North/South is a classification system and myself and Baron Williams, Earl of Bonchurch lands make up the North as a whole of over thirty acres. The Commonwealth is a joint party of nations that help each other.

Will some of the other nobles be rejoining the forum?
We will use the North/South classification for now. It is useful and will be more useful is describing what area is being talked about in these discussions.

Regarding the other nobles I can honestly say that I'm not entirely sure. I know that the Grand Duke of Valoria will not be rejoining the forums (he expressedly gave me permission to speak for him in these discussions so I can just assume that that means that he won't be coming back). As for the others I don't know. The Duchess of Halmonton and the Baron of Pferdeberg will not because they comprise parts of the Grand Duchy of Alovia and remain under the control of the Emperor. As for the Earl Fenton anything goes. I talked to him yesterday and he gave me permission to speak for him but at the same time he is well known for liking to get personally involved if a situation is going the "wrong way" so he's a wild card. For the sake of practicality let's just assume that I alone am talking for the inactive nobles unless they show up and voice their opinions.[hr]
Just as an FYI I talked to the nobles comprising South Kirkland and we decided that for the sake of practicality we will divide the nation (only for the sake of this discussion) into North Kirkland (officially the United Kingdom of North Kirkland and Arlington), South Kirkland (officially the League of Independent Kirkish Grand Duchies), and the Grand Duchy of Alovia (officially the Most Glorious and Holy Empire of Kirkland (Remnant)). This is only to aid discussion and should not represent an official fracturing of the nation into multiple successor states. In the event that the nation does divide along these lines, the previous names will be the official names of the successor states, again only for the sake of discussion, practicality, and visibility.
Very well I like the classification
Well, I say that the logical place to begin would be the status of the integration of North Kirkland into the Commonwealth. Of course this matter is left to the discretion of Lord Arlington seeing as North Kirkland comprises only his territory. However, I feel that officially stating the terms and conditions of that union would add an air of officialness to these discussions and provide a base off of which we can discuss the other matters at hand.

The next point would be the status of South Kirkland. Seeing as most of the nobles of the South are inactive it would make very little sense for them to become integrated into the new Commonwealth. However, this matter depends on the conditions applied to it. Depending on the situation the lands of the South could be incorporated into the Commonwealth officially but remain in an inactive state. This would only expand the territorial holdings of the future Commonwealth but could also serve a symbolic meaning, namely keeping Kirkland as unified as possible in the transition. But, I must state again that this depends solely on the conditions attached to the union.

The third and final point rest on the matter of full integration. If the nation is to be unified as a whole with the new Commonwealth, then the approval of the former Emperor would be required. Only with the approval of the Emperor would the territories of the South agree to a full integration of Kirkish territory into the Commonwealth. Naturally, it is only logical that the former Emperor would need a list of the terms of a full union to be able to make an educated decision on the matter. I know that he would not be opposed to a full union but his approval or denial would rest on the terms attached.

These three matters are the only things that I see as holding this process up. Once these matters are resolved then we can all move forward. If possible, I would like for someone from the Commonwealth to present the official terms and conditions of a union for the continuation of these proceedings. This process should be as formal and comprehensive as possible to ensure that no one is left wondering about the outcome of any part of these proceedings. If any other matters should be discussed then I would be open to discussing them as well.
Good day, gentlemen.

I begin by sincerely apologizing for my lateness. I had other affairs that had to be sorted out.

I thought about this for several hours yesterday, and concluded that Kirkland has two paths that it may now take that would not involve dissolution and disbandment.

The first path would be to unite North and South Kirkland into the Empire of New Kirkland. We would collectively work together in establishing this nation. We would create a Parliament, a government, and territories, in hopes of success. I welcome this proposal with open arms.

The second path, I believe, would indeed involve the Empire-Republic of Freedomia. We have been long allies of Kirkland, cordial relations with His Excellency, the former Emperor, and have done our personal best to keep this nation alive. I would be willing to consult with the Freedomian Senate about a proposal I think you would all be amenable to.

(1) The Grand Duchy of Arlington, and the Grand Duchy of Valoria, would both be given the option to be Provinces of Freedomia. You would both be given the Honorary Title of Grand Duke, and therefore address yourself as a Grand Duke, as well as a governor.

(2) If you were to accept becoming Provinces of Freedomia, you would both be given a great deal of territory. The Freedomian Empire is completely connected as one country, therefore, Arlington and Valoria, for example, could be connected, based on your decision. As head of this territory, you could ask for building projects to be done, and I could complete them for you. Freedomia also has a series of paths, bridges, and three buildings so far.

(3) The Senate would assign you two pieces of land, and we would rename them to correspond with your Grand Duchy. For example, if you were given the Province of Tintagel, it would be renamed to the Province of Valoria, or Arlington, perhaps.

(4) Governors have substantial powers over the given province. They can pass laws, order building projects, et cetera.

(5) Finally, the Freedomian Community is extremely active. Our forum, www.freedomiagovernment.forumotion.com, has several active members, and if Valoria and Arlington became provinces, they could post on these very interesting forums, and perhaps even join our Senate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gentlemen, let me know if you need any information regarding proposal number 2. As for proposal number one, I support it just as fully. I was asked by Stephen Landes to, as a representative of Freedomia, help constructively assist with the future of Kirkland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expounding, by the way, on what I previously wrote about Freedomia being connected, here's a map of Freedomia. You'll find we have quite an interesting land scape, such as the lake, for example. Oh, yes, and here's the link to the map. Smile

http://microwiki.org.uk/index.php?title=...miamap.jpg
Both of your offers are interesting. I will run them both by the Council of Delegates of South Kirkland. However, I must inform you that I am not sure how that discussion will go. Continually the Council discusses simply disbanding the nation as a whole and letting each individual go off in their own direction. I will admit that I am one of those individuals. I only got involved in this whole micronationalism thing because of the former Emperor. However, if a compelling reason were presented I'd be willing to continue. I do consider this offer a mildly compelling reason so I will be voting in favor of continuing the involvement of Kirkland in the community.

The Council of Delegates will be meeting around 5 PM today and we should have concluded our meeting by 8 PM and I'll give you the Council's decision at that time. Again, I will warn you that it may go a number of ways but the decision tonight will be final and will represent the ending of this discussion, no matter the outcome.

Good day, gentlemen.
I, being North Kirkland, would need to think about it[hr]
I suggest that since there are 4 kirkish nations that we establish The Kirkish Commonwealth, which while we may be different nations we will stay connected.
Well the League of Independent Kirkish Grand Duchies have had a rather quick discussion and there is no support for the two proposals put forth by Lord Williams. South Kirkland does not desire to rejoin with the North in the light of the founding of the Democratic People's Republic of Kirkland. We lost one member to the DPRoK earlier today who would have been in favor of rejoining. There was also no support for creating a union with the Empire-Republic of Freedomia. A Commonwealth, as suggested by Lord Arlington, was also struck down.

The former Emperor, in an unprecedented move, attended the meeting of the League of Independent Kirkish Grand Duchies and voiced concern of a Kirkland that has become as fragmented as we have become. He suggested, and the League approved, a motion that would permanently separate the 4 nations that make up the remnant of Kirkland. He will be completely dissolving the Grand Duchy of Alovia, which will cease to exist all together and he will forever relinquish all of his noble titles. The other two members of the League of Independent Kirkish Grand Duchies, the Grand Duchy of Valoria and the Earldom of Fenton, will also be dissolved in completely and they will relinquish their titles as well. I, however, have resolved to join the DPRoK along with the Grand Duchy of Balromia and upon joining that nation I will relinquish all of my titles.

This means that there will be only two successor states to Kirkland, the United Kingdom of North Kirkland and Arlington and the Democratic People's Republic of Kirkland. Naturally these two new nations may do as they wish but the former Emperor stated his desire that the two Kirklands would maintain peaceful relations at the least.

Maybe in the future the United Kingdom of North Kirkland and Arlington and the Democratic People's Republic of Kirkland will be reunified in some way but for the time being that is not likely to happen.

I will leave this topic open for North Kirkland to discuss any matters with the Empire-Republic of Freedomia if they desire but I will no longer be a part of this discussion and I now consider my involvement in this matter to be complete.